Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hello, My Name Is...

So....why this as a blog topic? Funny you should ask. Lots of things have been happening to me in the past two years, shaking me up and frankly making me nuts. My life, up to this point, has had its share of tribulations and drama, but overall it has sort of all worked out just fine. But now I have entered the 'what is the point of my life' phase, and most days I feel like I could just jump out of my skin with impatience and frustration. Before I continue let me be very clear on one point - I have always believed in God, from a Christian standpoint, so that includes Jesus. Back in high school, when everyone else was lost and trying to figure things out, I was solid. And I still am. My frustration is towards the world. My impatience is with myself for not being able to find what my place should be, and in being cowardly about certain things. God has taken care of me my entire life, and He isn't going to drop me off a cliff now, so to speak. It just feels like so much time has been wasted with the education I chose, and the jobs I have held, when there are so many more meaningful, useful, serviceable things I could have done. And could be doing. Self-examination is never a fun or peaceful activity, but that's ok as long as the result is a better product. So back to the 'why' of the blog...partly to help myself, mostly as a testament to God's grace, and hopefully to help anyone out there struggling with their own questions or doubts about Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment